Monsterclimbs run Learn to Top Rope Climb courses at The Warehouse Climbing Centre in Gloucester as a one day 6 hour course – plus a break for lunch. All participants will start on and return to the ground.
You will learn the following:
- How to fit the correct sized harness safely
- How to fit a helmet correctly
- How to choose and use the correct size climbing shoes
- How to tie in to the rope using a figure of 8 knot
- How to take in the rope effectively and safely
- How to lower a climber safely and slowly
- How to hold a falling top rope climber
- How to climb using the legs
- How to use climbing shoes effectively
- How to recognize and use different hand holds
- How to climb efficiently using straight arms to save energy
- To become an independent top rope climber
This intensive 6 hour course costs £75, including kit hire and entry to the centre. There is a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 6 people for this course and a minimum age of 14.
See Calendar for all dates available.